Wednesday 19 June 2013

Devon Holiday - Day 3 Part 1!

Devon Holiday

Day 3 - Part 1

Well I usually wait till the evening to write up my blog but this morning it already feels like we have had part of the day!!

At 3.41 am Tim woke up followed by me, at which point I realised I couldn't open my jaw, it was extremely painful and stuck!!  I tried to free it but it wasn't moving, Tim said he thought we should get it looked at in A&E.  Tim looked at directions on line and we set off.  We arrived there at 4.20 - luckily it was fairly empty and I got seen fairly quickly (there was enough time however for Tim to spy the tea machine and get a cup!).  By then I still couldn't open my jaw more than 1cm!  A doctor came and looked at it and said he thought it might be dislocated or subluxed so sent me for an x-ray.  Some pain relief and an x-ray later the doctor came back to give me the good news.  It was in place but what ever I had done to it had made the muscles around the jaw spasm and become inflamed.  He advised I keep moving it around as much as I can and gradually through the day it should free up.  We left Torbay hospital at 5.30 and headed back to the caravan to go back to bed!

It is now 10:30 and we have just woken up and got up.  My jaw is now openable by 2-3cm and is starting to feel easier.  Tim said it was nice to have a cup of tea in the night but a 20mile round trip was a bit excessive and it wasn't even that nice!!

Hopefully throughout today it will sort it's self out.

No comments:

Post a Comment