Saturday 11 April 2015

Climbing - Portland

Climbing Portland

Tim and I met Alan and Tracey down at Ferry Bridge and the made our way to Dungecroft Quarry.  Tracey and I started off with 'Never Ignore a Pooh-Pooh'!


We then moved on to a climb that Tim and Alan had left rigged for us 'T-Muffhundred' - A tricky climb which required bridging and an overhang.  I was pleased with myself to have managed that climb.  Tracey and I then went up 'Trust Me I'm A Doctor' a rather apt name for a climb because by then Tracey had twisted her ankle and I cut the very tip of my middle finger off on a sharp rock!  While we were doing these climbs Tim and Allan were trying other routes a bit further along the wall.



We next went to Neddyfields Main Cliff and had some lunch.  It was busy where we were hoping to go so ended up on a route called 'Bundle Of Joy' - Tim and Alan went up first and top roped it for Tracey and I.  Tracey went first and got to a difficult section half way up and wasn't able to go any further. I had a go next and struggled at the same bit Tracey did.  I had a sling and a crab with me so used my initiative and used it to make an extra handhold for myself!!  




After this we moved to the other side of the island and went to The Veranda and Battleship Back Cliff.  Alan and Tim went up and rigged 'Dr.Sole And Mr.Sole'.  I went up next and had a go at lead climbing it while having the safety of being top roped.  Pleased to have a go but glad to be on a rope!  Tim and Alan did a few more climbs before we packed up for the day.  Really enjoyable and fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment