Saturday 3 October 2015

Wessex Military band - Shaftesbury Carnival

Saturday 3rd October

This morning we were both feeling quite tired so we had a lazy morning doing some jobs at home.  After lunch I got my band stuff ready and set off for Shaftesbury.  The Wessex Military Band were playing in the carnival.  We met around 4 and had a rehearsal for the marching display we were going to be doing.  After the practice we found something to ea and went to the pub!  Just before 7 it was our turn to march up and down the square as Tim puts it.  When we had done out bit we processed off through the town to join the main carnival procession.  By now it was dark so I was glad I had taken a head torch!  At the end of the procession we were presented with a Best Overall Band Trophy!!  The procession finished just after 8.30.  It was around 10 when I got home.  This was the first time back with the band after having my hand surgery, it was nice to get out and play but my hand is certainly aching now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment