Sunday 22 November 2015

Climbing - Portland

Portland Climbing

Fiona got to us about 9 am and after we had eventually got ready we headed over to Portland. We decide once again to try for The Bower first.  This time we were lucky as we had the area to ourselves.  Tim and Fiona started off by climbing Suntrap and Whispering Gallery.  Fiona then had her first go at lead climbing on Queen Of The New Year.  





We next climbed The Bumper Fun Book - I was pleased to manage this climb as the last time I tried it I didn't manage to get to the top!

Our next climb was Godbeams - Tim lead it and said it was interesting!!  Fiona had a go but was finding it hard going on the arms.  I surprised myself by making it to the top!  While I was at the top I re-rigged the rope for the climb next to it Six Finger Exercise - a nasty looking 6b+ - Tim did this climb and said it was quite tough - Both Fiona and I decided to leave it for another occasion!!  After a break we all climbed Tinkerbell a 6a with a difficult start - a little bit of equipment use needed to get myself and Fiona up the first section!!


Lastly Tim lead up Far From The Madding Crowd.  I made it up after a but of working out how to get over the overhanging section!!  Fiona finally called it quits with very sore arms!  A good day climbing.


During the day we had two common lizards gracing us with their presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment