Thursday 25 June 2015

Holiday - Scotland Day 18 - Edinburgh International Climbing Arena and Drive to Carlisle

Scotland Holiday Day 18
  Edinburgh International Climbing Arena and Drive to Carlisle
This morning I received an upsetting  phone call from my mum to let me know that my cat Skittle had died last week.  It left me feeling rather sad and a bit dazed.  It was not what I was expecting to hear but nice to hear that she hadn't  been in an accident or anything and she had died peacefully.  She had been a rather lucky cat living with my mum and her dog Guinness - even sharing the dogs bed at times!  She had had a few ups and downs but had always fouht through.  Skittle was a happy cat that lived life to the full.  I will miss her very much.


Once I had got myself together we loaded everything  into the car and set off to the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena.  It was an amazing place with so much to have a go at.  Their heighest wall is 30m but they had a lot that was shorter and of easy standard.  We arrived at about 11 and left at 5.30 only having a short break for some lunch!





From the EICA we made our way to Carlisle where we were staying tonight at a Travelodge.  We went to the Toby Carvery in Carlisle for dinner!  A lovely day despite the sad news this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment